Developing a strong and consistent brand can add value to your business in much the same
way as any other asset would do. It will also help you build with your customers and ultimately generate sales and profit.
Follow Beach Marketing’s simple steps – it needn’t be as difficult as you think. Simples!
1. Put your customers first – Identify who they are and what is important to them. Work out what motivates them to think they need your product or service.
2. Brand identity – This is what you stand for and what you promise your customers. Communicate in plain language what makes your company unique and use every opportunity to reinforce these values.
3. Positioning – How do you want to be thought of against your competitors? High quality or cheap prices? This will need to be reflected in your marketing. The message, copy, images and materials you use will all say something about your brand to your target audience.
4. Keep it simple – When thinking about names and straplines, come up with short and memorable words and phrases. Include these in every piece of communication and even in basic functions such as telephone answering or email signatures.
5. Involve all staff – They are your greatest ambassadors or your worst saboteurs! Encouraging them to get involved will strengthen your brand in your customer’s eyes.
6. Develop a brand plan – Identifying some positive actions in the short, medium and long term will ensure you protect your asset and reap the rewards.
7. Consistency – Develop simple guidelines so that everyone (inside and outside your company) can apply the brand in the same way. Consistency ensures that customers and potential customers will develop a trust with your brand.
8. Different media – Ensure that your identity can work across different media such as newspapers, radio, print, website and email marketing.
9. Review – Carry out regular checks to ensure your brand is applied consistently. A simple step is to put all your marketing materials on a table and see how they look together. You’ll quickly see your brand from your customer’s eyes!
10. Involve the professionals – DIY brands do not look good and getting it wrong can be costly to the long term health of your company!
For more information on branding – or if you’d like our help give us a call on Northampton (01604) 239837.